Pianoteq - Changelog
- Fix a random deadlock when loading multiple instances at once.
- Fixed the file overwrite warning of the MIDI file save (Windows, Linux).
- Slightly better popup menu behaviour with touch screens.
- Hammer noise low frequency content has been improved (it was a bug, all instruments improved).
- (iOS only) The swipe gesture for the touch keyboard did not work on some iPhones, it is fixed.
- (iOS only) Reverb impulse loading has been enabled, it was missing in the previous version.
- iOS version released.
- Fix broken record button.
- Fix for rare issue where parameter updates randomly stop from being applied.
- Fix bug when opening MIDI devices on Linux.
- Workaround for Logic Pro crashes when opening some projects on a M1/M2 mac.
- Note naming convention changed to 'Scientific pitch notation' : the middle C key is now named C4 instead of C3.
- Concert Harp: revert the default glissando behaviour as it was in Pianoteq 7.
- Display arrows over note-edit buttons that can be dragged.
- SysEx messages (realtime-tuning for example) with device ID 0 are now accepted.
- Fix disappearing instrument image when changing zoom level.
- Minor bug fixes.
- The aax plugin is now compatible with Pro Tools 2023.3 (Apple Silicon aax plugin added).
- Lower CPU usage when the application/plugin is idle.
- Updates of note FX params (tremolo and vibrato depth) are now applied to already sounding notes.
- Hammer bounce can be extended after the key release by using the sostenuto pedal.
- UI toolkit updated.
- Fixed rare crash on plugin instantiation.
- (2023/01/03) Fixed issue where the plugin failed to load on macOS 10.11 and macOS 10.12.
- Add a switch for the glissando pedal that toggles between auto-glissando and manual glissando.
- Fix crash during midi-learn for some buttons.
- Add compact-view entry in the magnification menu if the options / interface panel.
- Fix a crash with some hosts.
- Small improvements to the chords detection.
- Fixed the VST3 compatibility with Digital Performer.
- Fix crash when randomizing some morphing or layers configurations.
- Improved response of the menus to touch screens on Windows.
- Note attack envelope parameter is fixed.
- Improve sound stability with extreme pitch-bending.
- CPU load meter fixed.
- Indicator for current preset in mini-preset menus is fixed.
- Fixed Monophonic output in FL Studio.
- Fixed Giusti harpsichord key switches.
- Fixed guitar model internal error.
- (2022/11/24) Red dot appearing when selecting velocity curve presets.
- (2022/11/24) Fixed guitar keyswitch menu.
- (2022/11/24) Fixed 12 Strings guitar preset.
- Fixed accessibility issue with preset menu.
- Fixed channels selection on macOS.
- Fixed harpsichord midimappings.
- Fixed issue with the LV2 plugin in some hosts.
- (2022/11/20) the macOS installer is now compatible with 10.9 and 10.10.
- New instrument model: the Classical Guitar.
- All contemporary acoustic pianos, the Vintage Reeds electric piano and the Concert Harp have been revoiced.
- Interface with updated graphics.
- New 'Note Effects' panel, with Tremolo and Vibrato.
- The LV2 / VST3 / AudioUnit plugins can receive an optional audio input, which is used to excite the string resonances (STD/PRO versions).
- Added a loop button for the MIDI sequences (standalone), and also ability to select a part of a MIDI file.
- New option for using stereo effects when the selected instrument output is mono.
- New midimappings option for using one MIDI channel per guitar string or harpsichord keyboard.
- New 'stretch points' note-edit panel (PRO version).
- Improved presets menu, with favorites.
- Bypass switch when right-clicking on the output-level bar.
- And many bug fixes..
- (2022/11/17) Fixed Digital Performer compatibility.
- (2022/11/17) Fixed a few crashes.
- Fix issue with plugin window size on Windows, when multiple displays with different scaling are used.
- Fix issue with full-screen mode.
- Fix small metronome issue in JSON-RPC api.
- Fix MIDI bluetooth crash on macOS.
- Fix crash on linux with some window managers.
- Improve JSON-RPC api.
- Fix silent note handling in yamaha XP midi mode.
- Fixed semi-random freezes of Pianoteq plug-ins, especially when multiple instances are loaded simultaneously.
- Fix issue with velocity preset not being properly saved.
- Fix "Preferences..." menu entry being greyed on macOS.
- Fix crash on macOS 10.9.
- Revoicing of NY Steinway D, HB Steinway D, Steinway B, Ant. Petrof, Petrof Mistral, C. Bechstein DG, Steingraeber, Blüthner.
- Added option for damping notes when the sustain pedal is pressed, either with low velocity note-on MIDI or aftertouch (option available in the velocity menu).
- It is now possible to disable external tuning (MTS-ESP, MIDI tuning) in a preset.
- External tuning can switch between continuous (sounding notes are re-pitched) and new notes only (sounding notes do not change).
- External tuning now sounds much better when the amount of retuning applied to notes is large.
- (Standard & Pro) New temperament menu entry for importing the current MTS-ESP tuning as a Pianoteq tuning.
- Fixed sostenuto pedal when used with diatonic mode.
- Delay reduced when playing with the Celeste pedal at a very low velocity.
- Metronome volume and speed are now MIDI controlable.
- Unsaved MIDI mappings can be restored from the midimapping menu, in options / MIDI.
- Italian manual added.
- Preview: for advanced users, Pianoteq can be remote controlled with a JSON-RPC api when started with the "--serve localhost:8081" option.
- Fix memory leak.
- Fix random crash on Linux when MIDI inputs are added/removed.
- (2021/10/11) fix activation issue on Linux.
- Fix random crash of the plugin version.
- Restore compatibility with macOS 10.7 and 10.8.
- Damping duration reduction in all Jazz presets.
- Celeste pedal improved for acoustic instruments (string instruments and chromatic percussions).
- ‘Felt’ presets added to each contemporary grand piano.
- New 'Concert Hall' reverb preset.
- New option for reversing the celeste pedal and adjusting the felt thickness.
- Added a unison width humanization option.
- NY Steinway D revoicing (timbre and dynamics).
- Better keyboard navigability of the interface (using tab / shitf-tab, or C-J), new option to highlight the interface element having keyboard focus.
- Accessibility for blind users: VoiceOver (macOS) and Narrator (Windows 10) support added.
- Introducing Petrof 284 Mistral concert grand piano.
- Improved repetition model benefiting all acoustic pianos.
- Piano lid removal now possible (double click on lid).
- Steinway B update: bass range and upper range revoicing.
- Support the MTS-ESP tuning API ( http://oddsound.com ).
- Fix issue with the aupreset files exported by the --export-au-presets command-line option.
- Add a --export-lv2-presets command-line option for the Linux version.
- Enable drag'n drop of the current Pianoteq MIDI file into other applications.
- Fix random crash of the Linux version on startup.
- NY Steinway D update: power/duration increased in the bass range, upper two octaves revoiced in the ppp-mp range.
- Fixed bug in the harmonic and sustain pedals resonances.
- 64-bit ARM binaries are now available on macOS (M1) and Linux.
- A dedicated toolbar button for the freeze filter is available, and a default freeze filter can be set.
- For instruments where it is applicable, the 'mono' and 'stereo' outputs can be converted to 'sound recording' output (Pianoteq Standard and Pro).
- When the pedals of the interface are clicked while a MIDI sequence is recorded (in Pianoteq standalone), the matching MIDI events are inserted in the recorded MIDI sequence.
- Performance should be slightly improved with respect to version 7.0.
- (2021/01/25) Workaround for UI freezing issue of the VST3 plugin with Cakewalk (Windows only).
- Reduced memory consumption of Pianoteq 7.
- Fixed issue when loading/saving files in a folder containing non-ascii characters with Pianoteq 7.
- (2020/12/07) Fixed crash of version 7.0.5 on macos 10.7.
- (2020/12/08) Re-updating the Windows version, as an issue with the Windows file browser seems to be remaining on some older versions of windows 10.
- Fix a few glitches that occur when switching between presets.
- Fix blurry interface with some VST hosts on scaled displays.
- Fix for a crash related to the A/B button.
- Fix random crash with some VST hosts -- upgrade is very recommended.
- Fix silent pedal noises for a few instruments.
- Fixed crash when morphing some very old instruments.
- Pianoteq will now only load the most up-to-date version of KIVIR.ptq and bells.ptq.
- Fixed bug in Linux arm version.
- Fix issue which prevented some users from using KIVIR.ptq.
- Fix issue (cracks and pops) with some VST hosts.
- All instruments improved (physical model improvements, and re-voicing).
- New instrument added in the Model D pack: the New York Steinway D.
- New feature: instrument morphing.
- New feature: preset layers.
- The macOS, Windows and Linux versions are now 64-bit only on x86 processors (linux/ARM still 32-bit).
- Fixed ugly noise issue when loading Pianoteq 6 VST3 in FL Studio.
- (2020/07/31) Fix font issue with Intel Clear Linux.
- Fixed issue with the sostenuto pedal.
- Fixed wrong sample rate for 88200 Hz wav export in the standalone.
- (2020/06/01) Fixed sostenuto pedal again.
- Fixed rounding error when exporting WAV files from MIDI in the standalone application, which could cause the rendered WAV file to be too slow or too fast by up to 0.1%.
- (2020/05/18) Fix HiDPI issue with the plugin on Linux.
- Introducing the Karsten Collection.
- Resonance equalizer added in the equalizer panel (Pianoteq STD and PRO).
- Keyboard shortcut for MIDI panic added.
- Fix issue where the pedal noise was sometimes interrupted by a silent keypress.
- Fix issue with multi-channel output on Linux.
- New instrument added to the Harp instrument pack: the Celtic Harp.
- Extended range on some historical and chromatic percussion instruments: use +- on the left of the keyboard to switch between original and extended range.
- Volume reduction on some MKII presets.
- Fixed wrong sound with the MKII when used at a very low internal sample rate.
- Fixed internal error with the Kalimba at low internal sample rate.
- Fixed issue where the default audio output is automatically selected when the current soundcard becomes unavailable.
- Fixed a few clicks at the tail of notes in some MKI presets.
- Minor update to the Model D Classical preset.
- MKII update: revoicing and four new presets: MKII Spark, MKII Piano Bass Gritty, MKII Piano Bass Snappy, MKII Bass & Piano split.
- Inharmonicity model improvement, allowing for more progressive variations w.r.t. string length.
- New instrument added to the Celeste pack: the Kalimba.
- The interface of Pianoteq STD/PRO can switch to a compact interface, which looks like the STAGE interface.
- Restored the scrollbar in the instrument list options panel.
- Fixed issue with the note-edit window when restoring a saved window configuration.
- Improved performance on the ARM platform -- cpu requirements of version 6.5.1 are still higher than version 6.4.1, but they are lower than 6.5.0.
- Improvement of hammer noise model in all instruments, providing more edge to the attacks.
- Small improvement of the string resonances in all instruments.
- Revoicing of Steinway D and Bechstein DG grand pianos.
- Kremsegg collection default range set to full range (21:108).
- German translation of the manual.
- Keyboard shortcut added for saving/restoring window configurations.
- A warning is displayed when duplicated MIDI events are received.
- Reverb switch entry added in the freeze filter.
- Trim manually recording MIDI files in the standalone to remove any silence at the beginning.
- Fixed a bug with the MIDI recorder (random crash).
- The linux executable is no more PIE as some Linux file managers do not recognize PIE files as executables.
- New instrument: the C. Bechstein Digital Grand.
- Revoicing of grand pianos Steinway D, Steinway B and K2.
- The VST3 plugin is now able to take into account the "tuning" parameter of VST3 note events (useful for users of alternative tunings in Dorico).
- When navigating in the MIDI sequence, Pianoteq will restore the position of the pedals.
- SysEx messages are now kept in midi files when saving (instead of being removed).
- The metronome tic toc sound has been slightly changed.
- The tempo / time signature of the metronome is now embedded in midi files recorded with Pianoteq.
- When using external reverb impulses, Pianoteq will store (if possible) the path of the WAV file relative to the Pianoteq presets folder, or to the user home folder.
- Fixed issue in the attack of some notes at low velocities.
- New instrument: the ANT. PETROF grand piano.
- Fixed multi-channel MIDI mappings.
- (2018/09/27) Fixed crash when loaded as a plugin.
- Workaround for the AU plugin in Studio One 4.
- Improve the detection of true-stereo impulse files.
- The VST3 can now load with 5 channels in REAPER.
- Fixed wrong positioning of labels in the presets manager.
- Small adjustment to the Blüthner Grand, making the sound a bit less wet.
- Fix for the 'Buff stop' pedal and the 'Mute' slider, which were broken in v6.2.0.
- New instrument: the Steingraeber E-272.
- New pedal: the Mozart rail.
- Minor revoicing of all grand pianos.
- Pianissimo behaviour improved for all grand pianos.
- The preset manager can now be resized (when detached from the main window).
- On Windows and Linux, the main menu is automatically hidden in fullscreen mode.
- (2018/06/14) Fixed an issue of the trial version that could sometimes produce a loud noise on first note played.
- Documentation updated.
- The soundcard 'auto-restart' feature should be working again.
- The Perf panel of the options dialog has been updated to display the real-time cpu performance index.
- New spatialisation technique which brings more air and presence to the instruments, increasing realism.
- Minor re-voicing on some instruments/presets.
- Support for the NKS (Native Kontrol Standard) extended plug-in format from Native Instruments.
- The most recently used presets (up to 5) are displayed in the presets menu.
- The loudness should be more even when the reverb amount is changed.
- The issue where an unavailable soundcard would sometimes freeze the interface on startup should be fixed.
- An old issue where sometimes a parameter change would fail to apply has been solved.
- (2017/11/02) updated the STAGE version in order to fix an issue with non-global midimappings.
- (2018/01/17) Better handling of multitouch events for the graphical keyboard.
- (2018/01/17) Fix automation of pedals, and diapason.
- (2018/01/17) Fix issue where sympathetic resonnance was not working with the --multicore max option on Linux.
- (2018/01/17) Added command-line options --midi-channel and --midi-transpose to the standalone version.
- The VST3 plugin should now be listed next to the old 'Pianoteq 5' vst2 plugin in Cubase, instead of being in the 'Synth' folder.
- The issue with the VST3 plugin on Dorico has been fixed (simultaneous 'All Notes Off' and 'Note On' events).
- Fixed malfunctioning random button in the spectrum profile note edit.
- Allow larger ratios to be recognized in the microtuning component.
- The command-line export of large MIDI files on macos is fixed.
- Stability improvements.
- A workaround for the AVIRA false positive malware warning has been found.
- Fixed an issue where the presets saved with the STAGE version would sound different when reloaded.
- Add an option to disable the chord detector (in options / general).
- Fixed stuck tremolo issue when the depth was brought to zero.
- Partial fix to the issue where touchscreens do not work with Pianoteq 6 popup menus.
- Partial fix to the issue where the LV2 plugin window would not resize correctly.
- Fixed issue where the Pianoteq STD AudioUnit would sometimes refuse to load in Ableton Live .
- Fixed issue where the Pianoteq VST3 would produce a buzzing sound in Dorico.
- All 49 instruments available in Pianoteq have been overhauled (the pianos, EPs, percussions, etc, including KIVIR).
- Modelled sustain/damper noises in all contemporary pianos.
- VST3 plugin format support has been added (plugin formats supported in Pianoteq 6: VST2, VST3, AU, AAX (64-bit), LV2).
- A MIDI playlist is now available.
- The MIDI auto-recording and archiving is improved and more configurable.
- The MIDI Mappings feature is more configurable -- MIDI Mapping can now be either global, or preset specific.
- Audio export in MP3 or FLAC format has been added.
- New tuning tool (available in Pianoteq Std and Pro only).
- A simple chord detector has been added.
- The Linux version is now available for ARM architectures.
- Fixed issue with audio glitches when changing parameters on some presets (electric pianos in stereo mode).
- Small improvement of the ALSA output latency on Linux.
- New instrument: the Grotrian Concert Royal grand piano, authorized by Grotrian.
- New effects presets, by K.P. Rausch.
- Pianoteq can now open MIDI and FXP files from the 'Open With' contextual menu of the MacOS Finder and Windows explorer.
- New instrument: the electric piano "MKII", included in the "Electric" instrument pack.
- For consistency, the "R2" instrument has been renamed to "MKI".
- The dampers algorithm has been revisited (all instruments), improving their behaviour for fast successions of Note-On/Note-Off.
- Fixed a sustain pedal bug in the trial version.
- Added missing parameters in the midimappings menu (harpsichords registers switches).
- Fixed an activation issue for users that were upgrading from version 5.5
- Fixed pictures and some labels in the harpsichord voicing/tuning/design panels of Pianoteq STD/PRO.
- New instrument: the Ruckers Harpsichord, with its 3 registers.
- The 'lute stop' pedal has been renamed as 'buff stop'. Its sound has been largely improved.
- The control nodes in the velocity / equalizer editor can now be moved with the keyboard arrows.
- The linux lv2 plugin version has been brought up-to-date (no more deprecated extensions).
- Support for multichannel keyboard mappings has been introduced in Pianoteq std/pro, allowing full keyboard range on scales with up to 128 notes per octave, with keyboards such as terpstrakeyboard.
- Correction of a minor resonance bug for the piano instruments.
- KIVIR.ptq is updated as well -- due to compatibility issues, the new Kivir.ptq works only with version 5.5.1
- Clavinet and clavichord: better behaviour of the pitch variation on note attacks.
- New instrument: the Model B Grand Piano.
- Fixed incorrect plugin window size when the graphical keyboard was hidden.
- Fixed issue with some reverb impulses that could not be loaded.
- Fixed crash with the Pianet when some combination of parameters is used.
- Fixed GUI being wrongly displaced by the random button.
- New instrument added in the Hohner collection: the Pianet N.
- A fuzz effect has been added.
- In the standalone version, it is now possible to delete parts of the MIDI sequence loaded (right click on the sequence).
- Fixed issues with the attachment of a midimapping to a specific preset.
- New instrument: the Concert Harp.
- New pedals: glissando and pinch harmonics.
- Diatonic mode switch for the keyboard (the small 'D' button on the left of the graphical keyboard).
- New effect: the 3-band parametric equalizer.
- Copy/paste of all notes now available in the spectrum profile editor (Pianoteq Pro only).
- Fixed an issue with excessive CPU usage.
- Fixed the pickup sliders for the Hohner instruments.
- The Clavinet instrument pack becomes the Hohner collection including two new instruments: the Pianet T and the Electra.
- A phaser effect has been added.
- Added an "ignore the sustain pedal" switch for the sostenuto pedal.
- The wav export settings are now recalled.
- Fixed engine issue when running at 192kHz.
- D4 Grand update: una corda model revisited, slight revoicing, in particular from ppp to p.
- New instrument: the Toy Piano.
- Small update to Bluethner (revoicing, mainly in the upper range).
- Fixed an unexpectedly low output volume on some instruments (electric pianos) when stereo or mono output mode is selected and multicore rendering is disabled.
- Fixed a rare crash involving simultaneous notes and bad luck.
- Fixed an issue with the AAX version on OSX.
- KIViR collection brought up-to-date with Pianoteq 5.
- Binaural model improved for all instruments.
- D4 Grand slightly revoiced.
- Extended keyboard range switch available in the interface.
- MIDI realtime-tuning support.
- Small updates to D4, K2 (lowered a few longitudinal modes) and Bluethner (voicing).
- Fixed issue with the AU plugin that was not recognized by a few hosts (STAGE version only).
- Metronome fixes (1/1 time signature begin silent, accent on first not being recalled).
- Velocity curve fixed to allow silent notes.
- Supersostenu was missing from the list of midi-assignable parameters.
- All instruments brought up-to-date with latest model improvements, D4 and YC5 re-built from scratch.
- Nine new instruments: Grand K2 and the Kremsegg Collection.
- The free KIVIR instruments are still those of version 4, but we are working on them and a very improved version will be available soon. Stay tuned.
- Directional microphones support, which can be rotated in all directions.
- Many microphone models, with various directivity patterns, are available.
- Microphones can be linked together, and then moved or rotated together.
- The polarity of a microphone can be reversed (for M/S recording situations, typically).
- The four pedals of the interface can be re-assigned to a few parameters such as Rattle, Lute Stop, Celeste, Super Sostenuto.
- Improved key noises, with an optional humanization of the parameters.
- Pianoteq presets (FXP files) can now embed a short MIDI excerpt.
- Dithering added to the audio export in Pianoteq Standalone.
- Small metronome improvements.
- Fix the incorrect aftertouch velocity curve for the W1 electric piano presets.
- Fixed crash with Tracktion 5 on mac.
- (2014/04/17) Fix for the documentation that would not open in the 'help' menu.
- Workaround for an issue with Maschine 2.0 (crash when loading the VST plugin).
- Fixed bug of STAGE version where a wrong mic configuration could be sometimes selected after loading a reverb preset.
- Fixed sostenuto pedal behaviour when the sustain pedal is engaged.
- Handling of scala KBM files with more than one occurence of the same note is fixed.
- (2013/11/21) Fix for interface freezes and keyboard issues of the VST plugin with Ableton Live (on Windows).
- (2014/01/15) The electric pianos have been renamed as "Vintage Tines R2" and "Vintage Reeds W1".
- Fixed an issue with CoreAudio on MacOS X 10.9 (Mavericks), where Pianoteq would sometimes freeze on startup.
- Fixed a crash that happened on some specific conditions (typically Pro Tools with a buffer size set to 1024, for some presets).
- Pianoteq is now available as an AAX plugin for Pro Tools 11.
- French translation of tooltips available.
- The condition slider is correctly saved and restored in Pianoteq STAGE.
- (2013/10/07) Fixed a crash occuring on some instruments when the damping duration was set to a very high value.
- Fixed a crash in the delay effect.
- Fixed issue where the ASIO sample rate was not correctly restored on startup.
- Bluethner picture is back in the preset window.
- Linux archive permissions fixed.
- (2013/04/16) fixed crash with midi automation of some sliders.
- (2013/04/16) fixed U4 wall being dragged out of reach.
- New add-on instrument: the upright piano U4.
- The others grand pianos benefit from model improvements: D4, K1, YC5 and Bluethner have been updated and improved.
- New 'Condition' parameter: turn a perfect instrument into a worn out, detuned and broken instrument, with a single click.
- New 'Unison Balance' parameter (available in Note-Edit with Pro version, and via right-click on the unison slider in Pianoteq Standard).
- Fullscreen mode.
- Linux version is now also available as a LV2 plugin.
- New instrument in the KIViR collection: the Neupert clavichord.
- Pianoteq now has a velocity curve for the aftertouch (polyphonic AT and channel pressure).
- The graphical keyboard of the interface can also trigger aftertouch messages by clicking a key and dragging the cursor up and down.
- New optional add-on instrument: The Bluethner Model 1.
- The electric piano R1 has been replaced by its successor, the R2.
- The old R1 presets have been moved in a legacy add-on.
- New parameter for R1: tines sound.
- Improved the Chorus effect.
- (2012/07/13) Fixed crash with some VST hosts.
- (2012/07/13) Fixed behaviour of the delay polarity switch when controlled by MIDI messages.
- (2012/08/23) Fixed regression in the pedal noises.
- New steeldrums/steelpans/tank drum instruments.
- Performance issue with effects fixed.
- Fixed a bug where custom effect presets were not being enabled when loaded.
- Fixed automation issues of the STAGE version with some parameters.
- The windows version now releases the audio/midi device when the computer is being suspended.
- The windows version correctly shuts down when the computer is being turned off.
- Slow WAV export in the standalone version fixed.
- The panic button also resets the midi connections when clicked.
- The 'no audio device' dialog has been improved.
- Better behaviour with low velocity repeated notes when the sustain pedal is used.
- Added 'clear menu' entries in the recent MIDI files menu.
- Added a '--midimapping' command-line option.
- (2012/06/18) Fixed random crash on startup.
- Renamed Pianoteq PLAY to Pianoteq STAGE.
- Fixed issue with some realtime MIDI messages (MIDI clock etc) on Macos.
- Undo/redo behaviour when a slider is being dragged should now be really fixed..
- Fixed magnification issue with the spectrum profile note-edit.
- Disabled multicore rendering for Pro Tools in order to avoid freezes.
- Grand K1: correction for an unwanted difference with the K1 of Pianoteq 3.
- Standalone version: single-step through midi files using the left/right arrows of the keyboard.
- Allow drag&drop of impulse response WAV files for the reverb.
- Improve diagnostic message when an external impulse response is not available.
- Fix issue with some midimappings not working on startup.
- Better undo/redo behaviour when a slider is being dragged.
- Do not truncate exported WAV files when the sound tail is long.
- Linux version: handle SIGUSR1 nicely.
- Linux version: solve incompatibility issues with realtime kernel variants.
- Fixed a random crash happening in VST hosts when switching effects.
- Fixed a few issues on Linux (wrong MIDI port name, crash when detaching windows with xmonad).
- New Grand D4 instrument, with an improved soundboard and sound radiation model.
- New set of effects, including a convolution reverb.
- Resizable GUI.
- New feature in the standalone version : Recently played on the keyboard
- and many more...
- Fixed a bounce issue with Logic 9.1.6.
- The pianoteq VST dll is now autonomous, it does not depend anymore on the pianoteq standalone executable.
- Native VST for the Linux version.
- Fixed an issue with the trial versions.
- Add a "MIDI Dialect" option for high resolution MIDI messages: The "Disklavier XP" mode enables the recognition of "extended precision" midi files recorded on high-end Disklavier pianos, such as the ones available on the international e-piano competition website. The "Hi-res CC#88" mode enables recognition of the MIDI high resolution velocity prefix for note-on and note-off messages, such as the ones sent by the VAX77 MIDI keyboard.
- Key range of K1 and C3 grand piano extended to 105 keys.
- Keyboard transposition can be controlled with the computer keyboard, or custom MIDI mappings.
- Pianoteq Standalone now recalls both A and B presets on startup.
- (2010/10/25) fixed issue with Gamelan.fxp.
- (2010/10/25) fixed activation issue on windows.
- New Xylo add-on, featuring Xylophone & Bass Marimba.
- Added drag and drop for microtonal Scala files on the Pianoteq interface.
- Fixed an occasional crash of repeated notes with some velocity curves.
- Introducing the Celesta and Glockenspiel instruments.
- Added a humanize option to the Strike Position slider (right click on the slider).
- The Mac version now includes a 64-bit version of the standalone application and the Audio-Unit plugin.
- The preset menu was reorganized.
- Fixed issue with multi-channel pitch-bend messages when used for microtuning purposes (with devices such as http://www.h-pi.com/ ).
- (2010/06/10) Fixed issue with the Pianoteq PLAY version not recalling a few settings (reverb switch etc)
- New K1 Grand Piano instrument.
- User selectable folder for user presets and add-ons.
- The default MIDI file for the standalone version can now be changed.
- Jack MIDI support for the Linux version.
- Increased the filter sweep speed for the wah-wah effect.
- Minor bugfixes and features.
- Updated engine and interface for the new Clavinet add-on.
- New "Mute" parameter in the actions panel.
- Added a Wah-Wah effect section.
- 29400Hz is now available as an internal sample rate in the options/perf panel (provides excellent sound quality with lower cpu usage).
- Improved the audio load curve, and added a warning in the options/perf panel for suboptimal buffer sizes.
- Various optimizations for netbooks, Pianoteq 3.5.3 runs smoothly on an atom N280 netbook when using an internal sample rate of 29400Hz.
- Minor bugfixes and features.
- Updated engine for the new Cimbalom add-on.
- Minor bug-fixes.
- (2009/12/16) Fixed a crash of the RTAS version.
- Fixed VST-specific bug when loading old projects or FXB files in the VST plugin.
- Fixed crash when loading some custom keyboard mappings.
- Slightly improved performance of multicore-rendering on windows.
- Minor adjustement of the damper model. KIViR.ptq also updated.
- Engine upgrade, with improved resonances, for all instruments.
- C3 and M3 pianos have been revoiced, and their soundboard replaced.
- Small improvements on the electric pianos, a new preset R1 Bark has been introduced.
- The KIViR historical instruments have been updated (small improvements).
- Note Edit for DETUNE and VOLUME in Pianoteq Standard.
- Note Edit for other parameters in PRO version.
- Note Edit, Sound Recording, and Preset Manager window can be detached from the main interface.
- Added a note-off velocity curve, and a sustain pedal position curve.
- New parameters available for most instruments: (hammer) Strike Point, and Damper Position.
- Adjustable playback speed for the standalone midi player, adjustable volume for the metronome.
- The compare button has been replaced by an A/B button, for switching between two presets.
- Pitch bend range extended to +- 2400 cents.
- Direct Sound behaviour improved with respect to Unison Width and Soundboard Impedance.
- Added 'Rock Piano' optional add-on.
- Added a few command-line options for the Linux version
- (2009/07/21) Fixed redrawing issues on Linux
- (2009/07/27) Fixed a small performance regression
- (2009/08/05) Updated the windows version in order to fix an "always on top" issue of the standalone application
- Fixed a crash when using pitch bend as a VST parameter.
- Reduced the default tremolo rate for Electric R1.
- (2009/06/18) fixed cpu count detection on Linux
- (2009/06/18) fixed plugin reset at the beginning of tracks on Logic
- Native Linux (x86) version now available, with Jack and ALSA backends.
- Added vibraphone model.
- Auxiliary output buses available for the AudioUnit version.
- (2009/05/18) A few fixes for the Linux version.
- Minor modifications to the C3 instrument sound: more punch in fortissimo, slightly longer notes and slightly longer harp resonance.
- Auxiliary channels available for Pro Tools.
- Performance improvements for G5 cpus.
- Fixed bug with midi mapping presets (saving / loading / etc)
- Various small bugfixes.
- (2009/03/20) Fixed some random "lag" issues with Logic / Garageband 5 / Pro Tools on Mac.
known issue: there is a 'mouse offset' bug with Pro Tools on Mac. When this bug occurs, a workaround is to move the mouse cursor over the bottom of Pianoteq interface.
- New acoustic model
- Mic position - up to 5 mics
- Multi channel - up to 5 channels
- New grand pianos C3 and M3
- Supports electro-acoustic pianos R1 and W1
- Unlimited perspectives
- Advanced preset and parameter managers
- (2009/02/20) Fixed bug preventing from loading FXP presets saved with pianoteq 2
- Improved reverb
- Various small bugfixes
- Fixed an initialization bug occuring in some VST hosts when the audio device is not running at 44100 Hz
- Improved linux compatibility (not supported) (2008/01/12)
- Improved multi-users installation (2008/01/26)
- Fixed an automation bug with Live (2008/03/06)
- Model update for the CP-80 add-on
- Added flat temperament
- Fixed bug concerning export of VST parameters
- New preset, C2 chamber, with a closer, intimate, ambiance and clarity
- Added resonances for 'dry' notes (without sustain pedal), particularly noticeable when playing staccato chords (C2 chamber and C2 concert)
- Improvement of space location for harp and sympathetic resonances
- Slightly re-voiced C2 concert for better transparency
- Some convenient keyboard shortcuts were added to the standalone version
- (2007/10/09) fixed the vst and rtas plugins of the windows trial version
- New preset, C2 concert, with an improvement of the piano model at fortissimo and increased dynamics
- Improvement of the string resonance
- Improvement of the harp resonance with partial pedalling
- RTAS version (Mac and PC) for Pro Tools 7.3 or better
- Pitch bend support (bug fixed on 2007/07/27)
- Drag and drop for midi (stand-alone only) and fxp files
- Instantiation as a mono AU or RTAS plugin (2007/08/03)
- Fixed a crash which could happen with the gui closed (2007/08/03)
- Multicore rendering (for dual-core CPUs and hyperthreaded Pentium 4, can be enabled in the 'options' menu)
- Receptor compatibility (distributed as a single dll in a zip file)
- Fixed parameter automation
- Small modification in the sympathetic resonance model (some resonances were too loud) (2007/05/15)
- Stand-alone: added 'clear menu' entry in the various recent files menus
- Stand-alone: output channel selection for ASIO sound cards
- Stand-alone: metronome volume now adjustable
- Stand-alone: fixed wav export bug
- New soundboard model for all presets
- New piano preset, C2
- Stand-alone player
- Microtuning with Scala support
- Key release velocity
- Stereo width slider
- Lid position, open/half-open/closed
- Smooth adjustment of parameters during play
- Many small bugfixes
- Midi controllers pre-assigned to the various sliders of the interface
- Handle program-change midi messages (VST only)
- Small adjustments of the default settings for the C1 presets
- The Universal Binary version of Pianoteq is now available
- Minor performance enhancements were achieved for Athlon and Core CPUs
- Fixed a bug in the fxp load/save under MacOS
- Fixed the installer so that Pianoteq now works with MacOS 10.3.9 (Panther)
- Added "Load FXP" and "Save FXP" entries in the options menu, allowing AudioUnit and VST users to exchange Pianoteq presets easily
- Fixed a bug preventing Pianoteq from loading in Logic